There's been a flurry of activity in the news media and blogosphere as a response. Instead of repeating their arguments, here are some links to articles that have popped up recently.
- Centrist view from MSNBC.
- Wall Street Journal on reduced economic uncertainty (although now that the USSC rules that any Federal mandate can be justified as a "tax", it opens a whole new can of worms for business)
- Heritage on the silver linings for limited government
- Potential positive effects of the ruling, regarding women's health
- Breitbart on "One of the Worst Rulings in Supreme Court History" (personally I'd pick the Dred Scott decision or maybe Bush v. Gore, but it's all in the eye of the beholder right?)
While personally I'm not very happy that in the future I'll be forced to buy health care insurance to subsidize the premiums of people older than me (who already control most of the wealth in this country) at the very least it's good to have a decision so that employers face one less form of uncertainty when they decide to take on new employees in the future. It won't have me celebrating out in the streets, though.